Summary: A quick recap, plus the recording from our webinar on the data-driven tips you need to know for using digital advertising for your business.
Throughout April and May this year, WSI conducted a free webinar series to share digital marketing tips, tricks, and best practices that you can use to overcome the marketing obstacles you are facing in today’s business world. Once the series ended, WSI continued our mission to keep educating clients on digital marketing.
Here is a quick recap, plus the recording, from the latest client webinar on data-driven ways to reach your ideal customers using digital advertising. This session was presented by WSI Consultant and author of one of the chapters of WSI’s best-selling book, “Digital Minds: A Strategic Approach to Connecting and Engaging with Your Customers Online,” Gabor Markus.
The questions you need to ask
Identifying your model customer and where to find them is a crucial factor in digital advertising. Start with a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer based on data and your understanding of their motivations and challenges – a buyer persona. This will help you to provide the right message to the right person at the right time.
Here are seven questions to help you prospect leads successfully using digital marketing advertising.
- What is the intent? When using Google, ads need to contain effective keywords to attract more traffic to your website.
- Who are they? Do your users prefer Instagram, Facebook, or another social network? The top choice for digital ads is Facebook since it is easy to prospect leads by targeting users who have similar interests, preferences, and professions as your ideal client.
- What do they do? LinkedIn stands out as the most popular platform to identify your prospects’ job when comparing LinkedIn and sponsored updates.
- Where are they? Track your leads and pinpoint their location by using the tactics of geotargeting, and geofencing.
- What are they saying? Twitter may not be as popular as Instagram and Facebook, but it has a unique factor that the other platforms do not have. Statistics show 500 million people visit Twitter each month without logging in.
- What are they watching? YouTube lets you choose when to show your ad – at the beginning of a video (pre-roll), in the middle, or as a display ad. With 49 billion users, the average person spends forty minutes watching YouTube content daily.
- Where have they surfed? The secret weapon to remarketing is ensuring that you immediately track the user with cookies once they visit your site. Once your prospect leaves the site, your ad appears on other sites attracting your prospect to revisit your site.
Reaching your ideal customers using digital advertising is as simple as:
- Refining the persona of your target audience and their platforms;
- Evaluating the demand for your product or service;
- Creating an attractive offer and adapted it for the chosen platform;
- Testing and fine-tuning your digital marketing strategy.
WSI – here to help in any way we can to keep your business moving forward
For more details on all of the above, watch the recording from our webinar, “7 Data-Driven Ways to Reach Your Ideal Customers Using Digital Advertising,” below.
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.