Summary: Want to drive sales with video marketing? Then this webinar blog is for you! Discover how to communicate your marketing message using video.
If you have been wondering how to drive sales with video marketing, then you are in the right place! Keynote speaker, author, and digital marketing strategist at WSI, Cormac Farrelly, recently hosted a webinar on how to communicate your marketing message using video. ICYMI, you can watch the webinar here.
According to our webinar poll, only 5% of respondents effectively leverage video across their business. But, considering the stats below, video marketing should be a vital element of your digital marketing strategy.
- YouTube makes up almost one-third of the internet with over 2 billion users
- Daily YouTube visits according to generation vary from 77% for Gen Z to 44% for Baby Boomers
- 70% of Instagrammers watch videos daily
- Videos shared on social media generate 12 times more shares than text and image content combined
- The viewership of Facebook Live increased by 50% in late 2020 – topping 1.25 billion monthly users
No business – large or small – can afford to ignore these behavioral habits of their target market.
Overcoming the Challenges of Implementing a Video Strategy
To overcome the challenges of implementing a video strategy, we first need to identify what pitfalls you may have encountered:
- Lack of clear goals and an accompanying plan of attack.
- Too much effort on the aesthetic production and not enough focus on the impact. Video is not a strategy on its own – all the traditional marketing homework needs to be applied to answer who, how, and why?
Insufficient investment in an amplification strategy to get the video seen by the right people.
- Unfamiliarity with video as a form of company communication. Integrating video culture needs to come from the top.
- Not having a script. No matter the length, there are five parts to the video engagement timeline (VET):
- Tell a story.
- Pose a problem.
- State a solution.
- Show examples.
- Call to action.
Other barriers to video include the perception that it’s too time-consuming, too complicated, and too expensive. But thanks to modern technology, the days of big productions requiring professional sets, lighting, camera crews, and actors are over.
Here are some video tools we recommend you check out:
- Promo for creating customized video ads.
- BIGVU has a built-in teleprompter to keep you on track for a professional recording.
- Loom is great for long-form content such as explaining a contract to a buyer.
- Vidyard integrates with LinkedIn for seamless one-on-one sales communication.
Some basic equipment you need to get started:
- Lav mic
- Portable green screen
- Laptop adaptor
Exploring Different Ways to Use Video in Your Organization
There are different types of video for different types of use cases:
Attract strangers with video ads, video on your landing page, and/or a teaser video shared on social media. Over the last year, the number of impressions on Smart TVs (versus other devices) has increased from 9% to 27%. In the same breath, TV viewers have a higher view-through rate because it’s more effort to skip.
There are three components that make up a successful video advertising campaign:
- Relevance: Whether you utilize YouTube’s TrueView or Bumper ads, the key is to grab the audience’s attention and get brand recall within the first five seconds.
- Reach: YouTube has a comparable audience to television. Facebook’s interest targeting function reaches a very specific audience.
- Repetition: To grow your brand, you must find potential customers, speak to them frequently, and make it easy for them to remember you.
Engage visitors with video blogs, a bio video, events such as webinars, and/or a podcast.
Close leads with demos, a LinkedIn cover video, and/or explainer videos.
Delight customers with how-to videos, FAQs, and/or video testimonials; turning them into promoters of your brand.
Emerging Video Marketing Trends
Some exciting trends to look out for in 2022 and beyond include:
- Shoppable video that links to eCommerce
- Live streams such as Amazon Live
- Virtual shopping events with influencers
- Growth of short-form video e.g. TikTok and YouTube Shorts
- Increased video advertising, with no signs of letting up going forward
Seek out ways to elevate your online brand and improve your overall marketing ROI. If you are ready to start driving more sales with video marketing, get in touch with your local WSI internet consultant without delay! And you can catch up with the full recording here: https://videos.wsiworld.com/watch/VkxWbsZC5CcMVmF5cBE2g6?
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.