Our Atlanta digital marketing guide to Google’s quality rating guidelines
If you’re curious about Google’s latest quality rating guidelines, our Atlanta digital marketing pros are here to explain them and give you a bit more detail about how they affect your digital marketing strategy. As Google is the most popular search engine in the world, SEO experts and Internet marketers around the world are always eager to know how Google ranks websites and how it formulates each search result. Here’s more on the latest quality rating guidelines:
- Google gives sites a low or high ranking based on E-A-T, which stands for a website’s expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. Websites which lack these elements are given a low rating, so website owners should ensure their pages come across as having expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness.
- For forum-style websites that rely heavily on user-generated content, such as Yelp or similar review websites, Google quality raters have been asked to try to determine the expertise of the contributors and decide whether the page is trustworthy or not. For example, if you own a hotel and have a “Customer Feedback” page, Google will try and determine the authenticity and trustworthiness of the customer contributions.
- SEO strategies will also be affected by the E-A-T ranking system. It’s crucial the content on your site comes from established experts in the field. Google emphasizes how important authority is, so the content needs to come from a reliable source.
- Sites with too many ads will get a low quality rating, specifically pages with ads at the top, meaning the user has to scroll down to find the content they want.
- Supplementary content is now as important as the main content of a page. Both types of content will be considered when giving a page a high or low ranking.
Partner with WSI for expert content marketing, digital marketing and more
For more information about how WSI can help you develop a leading digital marketing strategy, or if you have any questions for our team, please do not hesitate to contact us today. Discover why so many people and businesses in Atlanta partner with us for digital marketing that gets results. We look forward to hearing from you.
WSI was founded in 1995 and is an innovative digital marketing agency with offices in over 80 countries. We’ve spent over 20 years helping more than 100,000 companies and large global brands unlock the full potential of their business by leveraging the Internet and its many unrecognized opportunities. We’d be happy to help do the same for you and consult on your digital marketing strategy. Simply give us a call or get in touch with us at email@example.com to learn more.