Local vs. international e-mail marketing campaigns – Advice from the specialists
When you are faced with having to deal with both local as well as international e-mail marketing campaigns, you can be faced with a bit of a dilemma. Relating to two different target audiences can be a bit challenging and often people do not know how to connect with their international market. This is why you need to take a look at a few of these pointers on how to run both a successful local, as well as international email marketing campaign.
Tips for success in your local email campaign
● Be relatable. Nothing alienates your audience more than a cold-hearted, clinical email. Ensure your content keeps the human element to it. This will ensure your clients continue to subscribe to and read your email campaigns.
● Make your content worthy of reading. Do not get caught up in the rat race and release droves of uninformative email campaigns which your target audience does not relate to.
● Don’t scrimp on the creative. Just because it is an email campaign, doesn’t mean you need to be frugal creatively speaking. Use the same images as you would in your blogs and think of incorporating exciting colors and texts. This could go a long way in engaging with your audience.
Breaking into the international scene
● Language does not need be a barrier. Although this seems like a given, language can prohibit you from advertising to foreign clients and this not only relates to dialect. Colloquialisms may not be understood by another English speaking country which has a completely different set of expressive informalities.
● Cultural sensitivity is of great importance. The use of cultural sensitivity – or lack thereof – can make or break your company internationally. Being sensitive to different topics such as religion, sexuality and nationalism is extremely important when trying to win over your international audience and to get them to relate to you.
As you can see, there are many different things to take into consideration in both a national and international email marketing strategy. If you need any assistance in your digital marketing, be sure to contact only the best. WSI eBiz Solutions is happy to assist. We have a wide array of services available and encourage you to contact us for help in the digital world today.
WSI was founded in 1995 and is an innovative digital marketing agency with offices in over 80 countries. We’ve spent over 20 years helping more than 100,000 companies and large global brands unlock the full potential of their business by leveraging the Internet and its many unrecognized opportunities. We’d be happy to help do the same for you and consult on your digital marketing strategy. Simply give us a call or get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.