How Does Content Marketing Attract New Customers?
Publishing new content is not just a nice idea for a business to demonstrate expertise, but a vital online marketing activity to improve:
- Search engine rankings
- Driving website traffic
- Nurturing existing leads
5 Proven Content Marketing Techniques
1. Start with Your USP
- Develop your unique selling proposition (USP)
- Enables you to add an appropriate voice and story to your content
2. Know Your Audience
- Identify and build buyers personas
- Understand their concerns and needs and know where to find them online
- Determine how to get your content in front of the right people
3. Map Your Content to Buying Cycle
- Understand your customer’s buying cycle to identify suitable content topics
- Match appropriate content formats to each phase of the buying process
4. Map Out Ideas
Based on what you know about your customer, map out topic ideas which are:
Be creative with content delivery by adapting multiple formats. Repurposing or curating third party content will also enhance your message and further demonstrate your expertise.
5. Build a Content Calendar
A content calendar is vital for staying organized. It will help you:
- Share your content
- Know dates for publishing tasks
- Include who is responsible for each task
- Include important dates and external events relevant to your industry
Following these 5 steps helps you to develop an engaging content marketing strategy and make the most of:
- The latest search engine
- Social media
- Social selling techniques
And this leads to increased traffic and more sales.
If you would like to incorporate an effective content marketing plan for your business, get in touch.
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.