Skip to main content

Email and mobile marketing: How to bring the two together in a perfect mobi marriage in Atlanta

February 5, 2017

Is your Atlanta business looking for expert insight into email marketing and mobile marketing? Here it is! According to ExactTarget, 64% of decision-makers check their email via mobile phones. This number is only going to increase in the future and it is important for businesses to integrate their email marketing and mobile marketing strategies.

How to combine email and mobile marketing for your business?

According to Forrester research, only 4% of broadcasted email campaigns invest in ensuring that the email would be perfectly viewable on a mobile device. Thus, the remaining 96% of marketers lost a golden marketing opportunity, as users would immediately delete and forget about an email that they cannot read or open properly on their mobile devices.

To counter this, before broadcasting your emails, test them on various mobile devices to see how they are viewed. Use HTML and plain text versions for the convenience of the users. Under every image in your email, add descriptive text that will give the user an idea of what your product/service is even if the image does not load correctly. The landing pages to which you are referring to in your emails must be optimized for mobile phones as if not done properly, would frustrate users. Do remember that traditional webpages have a lot of information in them and may not load quickly on mobile phones.

Ensure your emails are in the 100kb file size limit, as these will load much faster on mobile devices. Use short or 30-character subject lines so that users can get an idea of your email even before they open it. Any links that you provide in your emails must have sufficient ‘finger-clicking’ space around them so that users do not click on the wrong links.

Thus, integrate your email and mobile marketing today in a perfect mobi marriage and watch your business flourish! Contact us in Atlanta today to find out more and what we can offer you.


About the Author

Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders.   His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners. 


The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice

The WSI Digital Marketing Blog is your go-to-place to get tips, tricks and best practices on all things digital marketing related. Check out our latest posts.

We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Don’t stop the learning now!

Here are some other blog posts you may be interested in.

WSI Announces New AI-Focused Suppliers to Enhance its Network of Resources

WSI, a global leader in digital marketing services, is excited to announce the addition of five …

How Content Clusters and News Articles Elevated Goodyear Brakes Brand Authority

In 2020, a prominent full-service branding agency enlisted by a Goodyear licensed brakes manufac…

Navigating the Cookie Apocalypse: Marketing in a Post-Cookie World

Summary: Learn how to navigate the post-third-party cookie world in digital marketing. Expl…