SEO plays an important role in any digital marketing campaign in Atlanta. In order to make the most of your online advertising, you will need to learn how to effectively implement off and on page SEO for your business. While many might think a business’ marketing strategy should focus strongly on the actual website, this is not the case. There is a great deal of marketing that can happen on other sites and mediums.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is a process of constructing web pages and making use of certain techniques that will have your business website and articles related to it, ranking well on search engines such as Google. On page, SEO refers to marketing on your website while off page SEO relates to advertising that you do on external sites and portals.
On page SEO strategies
- Page titles – the first step towards digital marketing success is to ensure everything on your website is titled and labeled correctly. Each page should have a unique name and title containing the main keywords for your website.
- Meta descriptions and meta tags – descriptions and tags are used to tell your browser more about your page. Include relevant keywords in these sections and make sure these keywords are used further in the content.
- URL structure – it is best to use a URL for each page that is short and search engine friendly. Use your keywords in the URL and make sure it is relevant to what is on the page.
- Keywords – you need to ensure you use your primary and secondary keywords throughout the article without overcrowding them. Search engines will look for relevant keywords in your content, but if you use too many, this can have a negative effect.
Off page SEO strategies
- Have an online social presence – join the most popular social networking sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and so on. Ensure the content you post is relevant to your product and includes the same keywords as your website.
- Blogging – make sure you start up a blog for your company and keep it filled with unique and changing content. Linking this blog back to the relevant pages on your website will help to create greater exposure.
- Submit your site to search engines –make sure the most popular search engines are ranking your website. Top search engines include Google, MSN, Yahoo and so on.
- Article submissions – writing helpful and interesting articles, for your target audience is a great way to get their attention, as well as earn their loyalty and trust. This is a great content marketing strategy which will earn your business added exposure. Make sure that the content contains the relevant keywords and that you link these back to your website or blog. Include a call to action and offer your target audience extra information on your product as well as discounts or vouchers for being in touch with you.
Of course, these are just a few of the on page and off page SEO strategies that you can make use of when setting up an effective digital marketing campaign in Atlanta. To find out more strategies and tips, contact us at WSI today.
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.