Does Google+ matter?
The short answer is “Yes!” Here’s the long answer:
- Of the 250 million Google+ users, 150 million are active users; and 50% of Google+ users sign in daily.
- Being frequented by pioneering industry influencers, and boasting a 33% growth rate per year, Google+ is a perfect addition to your B2B social media marketing strategy.
- Google+ is reported to be the second largest active social network in the world, after Facebook.
- Google owns 65-70% of search engine market shares. Naturally, Google+ profiles rank highly in Google searches:
- Both Google and Bing use data about the social signals you emit and receive as a way to determine how high to rank your website. More social signals = higher rankings.
- Interactions with your content such as +1’s, comments and shares let Google know that this specific should be ranked well.
- Whenever you are mentioned on Google a link is created from the person mentioning you back to your profile. When combined with the link section in your Google+ profile, affirming which websites and business pages you contribute to, the result further boosts your SEO.
- With Google hangouts, you can live stream to YouTube – the world’s second biggest search engine. Not only does this increase brand awareness, but video ranks extremely well in search engine results
- Google+’s communities are a great way to network with people and share high-quality content.
- Your Google+ page makes it easy for your customers to find you on all Google’s platforms from a basic search to maps.
Make it count
(Note, you need to have a personal profile in Google+ before you can create a business page.)
- Create a Google+ Page
- Verify your Page
- Enable social extensions within AdWords
- Claim your custom URL
- Assign Page managers (you can only comment as a user)
- Add the G+ Badge to your site
- Post exclusive content
- Grow your follower base
- Engage with your community
For further information and guidance on digital marketing, please contact us today.