Does Google+ matter?
The short answer is “Yes!” Here’s the long answer:
- Of the 250 million Google+ users, 150 million are active users; and 50% of Google+ users sign in daily.
- Being frequented by pioneering industry influencers, and boasting a 33% growth rate per year, Google+ is a perfect addition to your B2B social media marketing strategy.
- Google+ is reported to be the second largest active social network in the world, after Facebook.
- Google owns 65-70% of search engine market shares. Naturally, Google+ profiles rank highly in Google searches:
- Both Google and Bing use data about the social signals you emit and receive as a way to determine how high to rank your website. More social signals = higher rankings.
- Interactions with your content such as +1’s, comments and shares let Google know that this specific should be ranked well.
- Whenever you are mentioned on Google a link is created from the person mentioning you back to your profile. When combined with the link section in your Google+ profile, affirming which websites and business pages you contribute to, the result further boosts your SEO.
- With Google hangouts, you can live stream to YouTube – the world’s second biggest search engine. Not only does this increase brand awareness, but video ranks extremely well in search engine results
- Google+’s communities are a great way to network with people and share high-quality content.
- Your Google+ page makes it easy for your customers to find you on all Google’s platforms from a basic search to maps.
Make it count
(Note, you need to have a personal profile in Google+ before you can create a business page.)
- Create a Google+ Page
- Verify your Page
- Enable social extensions within AdWords
- Claim your custom URL
- Assign Page managers (you can only comment as a user)
- Add the G+ Badge to your site
- Post exclusive content
- Grow your follower base
- Engage with your community
For further information and guidance on digital marketing, please contact us today.
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.