The last thing anybody wants is someone forcing a sale on a product or service on them. We have made the transition from aggressive selling tactics, to marketing tactics that are just as successful, yet more subtle.
Inbound marketing strategies are ideal because they allow you to get messages through various tools without resorting to aggressive sales techniques. This then lets the potential customer come looking for instead of the other way around.
A successful inbound marketing campaign should include the following strategies:
- Content creation – This focuses on creating the right message for your ideal customer. A “fictitious” person who you want to attract and that you envisage being the most eligible buyer. Your content should focus solely on this person and not be generalised. You should also talk to this person about the right things and not go off track.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) by analysing keyword data and trends, and tracking traffic and links per content piece, to help the content manager create compelling, keyword-rich, link worthy content.
- Landing pages- The general goal of a landing page is to convert site visitors into sales or leads. Responding by clicking on a link will take you to this page which has the sole purpose of enhance the advertisement.
- Email and lead nurturing – These are sent to potential customers who are qualified, but not yet ready to make a purchase. Keeping them informed and educated about your brand in a personal way that makes them interact with you could possibly turn into sales.
- Social Media – With millions of users worldwide, the possibilities are endless for creating a conversation with prospective customers.
- Marketing automation – Marketing automation gives you the ability to take data from existing customer behaviour to target your content and messaging to gain better results. Automatically.
- Marketing analytics – Marketing analytics comprises the processes and technologies that enable marketers to evaluate the success of their marketing initiatives by measuring performance
You can download WSI’s free inbound marketing checklist today to see what is required to run an inbound marketing campaign.
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.