The popularity of social media websites is not only changing the way we socialize with friends and family but also the way customers research, compare and inform their buying decisions.
Sales managers should see this trend as an opportunity. Social selling is leveraging web technology to deliver insight and value to the buyers’ sphere of influence when making buying decisions.
5 Steps for applying the Power of Social Selling to win New Business.
1. Identify Your Targeted Buyers’ Persona
- Professional sales process includes developing relationships.
- Step 1 – Identify the key decision makers, including their level of online engagement.
2. Intelligence is Key
- Create a strategy to listen and gather relevant intelligence, e.g., understanding challenges and requirements. This is critical to make a successful online connection and be considered part of your customer sphere of influence during their buying process.
3. Establish a Content Marketing Plan
- Understand your customer better.
- Share unique, quality targeted content, as well as syndicating valuable content for your buyer.
4. Become a Trusted Authority
Develop your sphere of influence; become a trusted source of information to your target audience by being:
5. Monitor and Improve
Track engagement. It will help you to identify what is popular and any trigger events so you can take appropriate action.
In conclusion, developing a well devised social selling plan helps customers through their buying journey and increases your chances of making a sale.
If you would like to learn how to add social selling techniques to your business, get in touch.
WSI was founded in 1995 and is an innovative digital marketing agency with offices in over 80 countries. We’ve spent over 20 years helping more than 100,000 companies and large global brands unlock the full potential of their business by leveraging the Internet and its many unrecognized opportunities. We’d be happy to help do the same for you and consult on your digital marketing strategy. Simply give us a call or get in touch with us at email@example.com to learn more.
About the Author
Rick spent 20 years in the insurance industry in finance, primarily developing reporting platforms for B & C stakeholders. His ability to speak to consumers of data (managers and analysts) and translate their needs to programmers led him to start his own digital marketing agency in 2004 to develop data driven solutions for business owners.
The Best Digital Marketing Insight and Advice
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For more info, please review our Privacy and Cookie Policies. You may unsubscribe at any time.